Effective: July 2020
We at Faeryume (“we,” “our,” or “us”) respect your privacy and want to inform you on how we use the data you share with us.
When accessing the Website, Faeryume will learn certain information about you, both automatically and through your voluntary actions during your visit. This policy applies to information we collect on the Website and in email, text, or other electronic messages between you and the Website. This information is defined as “Personal Identifiable Information, or “PII“.
California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA)
Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you access the Website, we at Faeryume will learn certain information about you during your visit. The categories of PII that we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- Contact information, such as First Name, Last Name, and Email
- Blog Post Comments
- Demographics, such as Location, Gender, and Age
- Internet Data, such as IP Addresses, Browser Type, and Internet Connection
How Personal Information is Collected
- Information You Provide To Us.
- The Website provides various places for users to provide information. We collect information that users provide by filling out forms on the Website, communicating with us via contact forms, responding to surveys, search queries on our search feature, providing comments or other feedback, and providing information when submitting an inquiry via the Website.
- Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technology.
- As you navigate through our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies including Google Analytics to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. This will generally include information about your location, your traffic pattern through our website, and any communications between your computer and our Website.
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
Faeryume reserves the right to use technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. The Website reserves the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How Personal Information is Used
The information we collect automatically is used for statistical data and will not include personal information. We use this data to improve our Website and our service offerings. To the extent that you voluntarily provide personal information to us, our systems will associate the automatically collected information with your personal information.
Personal information we collect is used….
- To improve the function and speed of our Website
- To improve the quality of content we provide our visitors
- To provide exceptional service to our customers
- For contacting reasons in regards to inquiries or information about new or upcoming content or services
- For market research purposes in hopes to produce valuable promotions relevant to your specific interests
How Personal Information is Shared with Third Parties
Visitors on our site will have their information tracked via first-party (Analytics/Advertisements) or third-party cookies (Advertisements).
For Google’s Ads Policies, see: https://support.google.com/adspolicy/…
Information shared with MailChimp is done directly through our Email Subscription Forms posted on our homepage and blog posts. When a consumer submits their personal information through one of these forms, the PII is automatically shared with MailChimp, our third-party marketing service provider.
Disclosure of Your Information
As a general rule, we do not sell, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any information collected whether automatically or through your voluntary action.
We may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers for the purpose of providing our services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party, including a lawyer or collection agency, when necessary to enforce our terms of service or any other agreement between you and the Website.
We may provide your information to any successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Faeryume’s asserts and/or business.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights or when compelled by a court or other governmental entity to do so.
How Users Can Review or Edit Their Personal Information Collected
“Do Not Track” Requests
Our Site does not currently have the capability of responding to “Do Not Track” signals received from various browsers.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Under the CCPA, you are entitled to the consumer rights about collected personal information detailed below.
Right to Know
As a consumer, you have the right to know about the following information in regards to your PII collected by the Website:
- Specific personal information collected.
- How the personal information was collected.
- The business purposes for collecting Website visitors’ personal information.
- The third parties involved and that the personal information has been disclosed to.
- Personal information, if any, sold during the preceding 12 months and the categories of third-party recipients.
- Categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose during the preceding 12 months.
Information pertaining to Numbers 1 through 4 are detailed in the CalOPPA section. Information regarding sales under Number 5 is not applicable as the Website does not sell personal information. The categories of third parties who PII are shared with, not sold to, fall under marketing vendors. Within the preceding 12 months, the categories of personal information disclosed for a business purpose are contact information, demographics, and interests.
Right to Delete
Right to Opt-Out of Sale
We do not sell any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) to any third parties for their own marketing purposes. Opting-Out of sale does not apply.
Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising CCPA Rights
We do not discriminate against any individuals for simply exercising the rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act. Faeryume will not retaliate against any individuals who request to know, correct, or delete their personal information collected by the Website.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. These include the rights to:
- Request access to your data that the Website stores and the rights to either correct or delete any Personal Identifiable Information (PII) the Website has collected about them.
- Seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- Object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- Withdraw that consent at any time. Information is collected under the Lawful Basis of Consent.
- Submit a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
Data is retained only for the amount of time is needed to respond or resolve inquiries. Information collected from email subscriptions is retained for the amount of time the individual remains subscribed. If you would like to unsubscribe from our email newsletters, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the ‘unsubscribe’ link located at the bottom of every email.
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until:
- you asking us to delete the information,
- we decide to cease using our existing data providers, or
- we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
We are committed to keeping your e-mail address confidential. We do not sell, rent, or lease our subscription lists to third parties, and will not disclose your email address to any third parties except as allowed in the section titled Disclosure of Your Information.
We will maintain the information you send via e-mail in accordance with applicable federal law. In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all e-mails sent from our organization will clearly state who the e-mail is from and provide clear information on how to contact the sender. In addition, all e-mail messages will also contain concise information on how to remove yourself from our mailing list so that you receive no further e-mail communication from us.
Our emails provide users the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us and our partners by reading the unsubscribe instructions located at the bottom of any e-mail they receive from us at any time.
Users who no longer wish to receive our newsletter or promotional materials may opt-out of receiving these communications by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the e-mail. You can also opt-out by contacting email@example.com with the subject line “Unsubscribe.”
Children Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fair Information Practices
We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information you provide to us and the information we collect automatically. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors.
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL.
Faeryume may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Website uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
We use MailChimp as our third-party data processor to collect and store information.
Faeryume agrees to abide by Fair Information Practices in the reporting of any type of data security breach, in case this occurs.